Did you know that dentists can save 5,304 hours and $111,431 annually by moving to paperless insurance and billing processes, electronic billing, and leveraging native Practice-Web tools? Watch our on-demand webinar to explore them all or catch the high points in this quick recap.
- Going Paperless Made Easy 1 Webinar
- Renew Practice-Web Support
- Get a Free Practice-Web Demo
- Contact Practice-Web Support
- Contact DentalXChange Sales or Support
Less Than 13% of Practices are Paperless
You must have end-to-end digital workflows to be fully paperless, BUT you don’t need to change all at once. You can update one process at a time until you eliminate paper.
- If you’re scanning documents, you’re not paperless.
- If patients are printing paperwork and bringing it in, you’re not paperless.
- If you’re sending paper claims (even to attach x-rays and charting), you’re not paperless.
Going Paperless Saves Time and Money
- The strategies from this webinar save practices 102 hours per week.
- Combine the strategies from this webinar and the Going Paperless 1 webinar to save 114+ hours per week.
Strategy 1: Automate Chart Notes
- 21% of charts have errors and the average typist makes eight errors per 100 words, creating potential liabilities for your practice and increasing risk for patients.
- Use Auto Notes and Quick notes in Practice-Web to reduce errors and improve charting speed.
- 96 seconds per chart note can be saved with Auto Notes according to our sample exercise, which is close to an hour a day for a typical practice and amounts to $4251.52/year in labor savings.
- Voice Perio allows hygienists to perform hands-free full-mouth charting without any special equipment.
- Auto Notes, Quick Notes, and Voice Perio all come standard at no additional cost with Practice-Web.
Strategy 2: Prescribe Electronically
- Most states now require electronic prescriptions, so it’s not a question of IF you should e-prescribe, but which program is best.
- Integrated eRx is better. Clinicians report it’s easier to write new prescriptions and manage refills.
- Even if you’re only writing one prescription per day, an integrated e-prescribing tool can help you save 7 minutes per day or $620.01/year in labor costs because you’re not playing pharmacy phone tag or having to manually duplicate documentation.
- Practice-Web’s integrated eRx is a (paid) Smart Tool but it’s the only one on the market that will save you this kind of time and money due to the integration.
Electronic Prescribing Resources
Strategy 3: Electronic Insurance
- Most practices send e-claims, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg! Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) can be used at every stage of the patient experience to save time and money.
- Verifying eligibility and benefits
- Sending claims
- Attaching digital x-rays, charting, and other documentation to claims and pre-auths
- Checking the status of claims
- Receiving electronic payments
- Receiving remittance advice
- 39 minutes per patient are saved when practices take all six processes digital.
- $103,631 is saved annually when all six processes are leveraged.
- Practices get paid much faster with EDI – as little as two days versus 14-30+.
- EDI is a service offered by clearinghouses. Think of it like switching from sending a letter via the post office compared to FedEx. You get tracking, so you always know what’s happening with your claims and they move through the chain faster.
- Practice-Web is compatible with most clearinghouses, but our premier provider is DentalXChange (featured in video).
Electronic Insurance Resources
- eClaims Product Page
- Insurance Overview Video Tutorial
- Insurance Claims, Payments, and Reports Video Tutorial
- DentalXChange Signup or call 800.576.6412 ext. 455
Strategy 4: eBilling and Collections
- The longer a bill is outstanding, the less likely the practice is to collect at all.
- $2,928 is the average annual cost to mail statements for a typical practice.
- 50% of patients will pay within an hour if their preferred electronic billing method is used.
- 25-32% of patients pay within five minutes if billed via their preferred method and it’s secure text, email, or patient portal.
- Pay-by-Text is available in the Practice-Web Accounts module. There’s no fee to sign up, only a nominal charge when it’s used.
- DentalXChange offers patient statement options, including e-billing and paper processing as well as a hybrid option that automatically mails a paper statement when patients don’t respond to their e-bill.
- Pay-By-Text Product Page
- Pay-By-Text Signup is in Your Practice-Web Accounts Module
- DentalXChange eStatements Product Page
Catch the Next Webinar Live
Our live webinars are interactive and include Q&A time for audience questions. We publish registration details on our LinkedIn and Facebook pages as they’re announced. Connect with us there to be notified of upcoming live sessions.